We're not perfect, but we're working on it!
Thank you for all of your continued feedback. You've been spotting a lot of bugs and also giving us a lot of valuable feedback about what you like and don't like. Please continue to write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We've been working continually on the site and hopefully you've noticed that a lot of things are improved. Here are a few of the major fixes and improvements from the last two weeks or so, plus some known issues that we are working on:
- Thumbs up/down on comments was fixed.
- Scores for comments now show (note: you should not see thumbs on your own comments, just a +/- score or a double-dash if your score is zero).
- The Favorite Yardbarkers mix-up was resolved (the "Edit Favorite YBs" page now shows users who you are a fan of).
- Attaching photos in comments was fixed.
- The last remaining weird symbols like "'" and """ should now be gone from your news feed.
- You can now search for a user name in the Search box. You will be taken to their user page.
- You can now search for the name of a Yardbarker Network site in the Search box.
- Every Yardbarker Network site now has a site page that shows all recent articles from that site.
- You can now remove the "Bark About" comment wall from your user page if you don't want it there (click the "manage" link).
Known issues that need to be fixed:
- Commenting bug: this is a new problem. Sometimes if you press Submit on a comment, it seems like nothing happened, although your comment is in fact posted. If you refresh the page, you should see your comment. We hope to have this fixed later today.
- Athlete blog post email alerts: some people are getting double email alerts or no email alerts at all.
- News feed: we are doing an overhaul of this, so stay tuned for the improved version.
Thanks for your patience while we continue to improve the site!